- Play may be hard and vigorous, but deliberate violence should never be used towards opponents.
- Unsportsmanlike fouls (except for some clear path fouls) will be followed with an ejection and further a review and possible suspension.
- Verbal provocation of any sort is unacceptable.
- Any derogatory racial remark to either a referee/official/player or spectator will result in minimum 2 week suspension from SBL. Suspension will vary upon the offense.
- Any sexual remark to either a referee/official/player or spectator will result in minimum 2 week suspension from SBL. Suspension will vary upon the offense..
- Players should not react with violence to any physical or verbal provocation.
- Use of bad language, where directed at an umpire/referee or another player is unacceptable. Use of bad language to oneself is frowned upon and may be dealt with penalty depending on the situation.
- Players should never argue with an umpire/referee. A player is allowed to talk to the referee about a ruling and the referee will explain why the call was made. The referee has the right to take away these privileges.
- Immodest behaviour in victory or success, and manifestation of self-disgust at an error or failure is poor sportsmanship. Good conduct at all times is important to build quality within the league.
- Unfair or illegal tactics to gain an advantage should never be used.
- Excessive or inappropriate talk is considered bad sportsmanship.
- Kicking the ball will receive an instant technical foul to the discretion of the referee.
- Players on the bench are also subject to the above rules and can be given a technical foul.
Players are encouraged to play in a sportsmanlike manner and to extend courtesy to the opposing team. This includes post-match courtesies such as shaking hands with the opposing team, extending thanks to the referees and the bench after the match.
NOTE: All of these rules can be enforced by the referee and can result in a Technical foul. Two technical fouls for one player in a game will be an ejection and will put the player under review for a suspension.
- Spectators are never to jeer opposition players.
- Spectators are never to talk or give advice to the referee during the game.
- Spectators are to show respect for the game by not bouncing balls, yelling or deliberately putting players off.
NOTE: All of these rules can be enforced and spectators can be asked to leave.