Terms & Conditions
LEAGUE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Sydney Basketball League are committed to providing a premium competition for social and Elite Basketball. It is an expectation that all participants treat the venue, staff and opponents with respect at all times.
- All players are responsible to ensure financial obligations are met individually whilst the team captain is Sydney Basketball League’s direct contact which is developed by the user entering the submission and responsible for the team account. Any outstanding fees that are required will be outsourced by a debt collection agency addressed to the captain.
- Minimum number of players in any team is seven (7) players with a maximum of Twelve (12) players.
- Each player is accountable for their own profile with correct information and contact details.
- Any player that has not facilitated payment for the season ($200 flat rate) is required to select casual game ($25) for any game they participate.
- A minimum payment of $25 is required in the first round. The remaining amount will be due prior to the second game for $175.
- Under no circumstances can a player be unregistered whilst participating and must create an account prior to taking the court for a SBL Game. Teams to be found to play unregistered players will be given a direct forfeit loss including -3 competition points and risk being banned from Sydney Basketball League competitions.
- Forfeits in SBL are unacceptable. A forfeit is defined by if you do not have 4 or more players to participate from the start of the game. By forfeiting a game, teams are deducted -3 competition points and subjected to a forfeit fee of $150 which is payable ahead of your next game. This money goes towards covering court costs and staff that have remained onsite.
- If a team is forfeiting multiple times in a single season they may be subject to being removed. Teams are required to give a minimum of 48 hours’ notice to avoid any of the penalties listed.
- Sydney Basketball League has the right to cancel or suspend any profile with written information and right of reply.
TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR THIS SITE
We may use technologies like cookies (small files stored on your browser), web beacons, or unique device identifiers to identify your computer or device so we can deliver a better experience.
Our systems also log information like your browser, operating system and IP address.
We also may collect personally identifiable information that you provide to us, such as your name, address, phone number or email address. With your permission, we may also access other personal information on your device, such as your phone book, calendar or messages, in order to provide services to you.
If authorized by you, we may also access profile and other information from services like Facebook.
Our systems may associate this personal information with your activities in the course of providing service to you (such as pages you view or things you click on or search for). We do not knowingly contact or collect personal information from children under 13. If you believe we have inadvertently collected such information, please contact us so we can promptly obtain parental consent or remove the information.
You can sign into your account to see or delete any personally identifiable information we have stored, such as your name, address, email or phone number. You can also contact us by email to request to see or delete this information.
We may keep anonymous data indefinitely unless its requested to be deleted from our systems. We may share personally identifiable information (such as name, address, email or phone) with trusted partners in order to provide you with relevant advertising, offers or services.
Contact us for further information or you have any concerns.
If you have any questions or concerns about our privacy policies, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Analytics companies may access anonymous data (such as your IP address or device ID) to help us understand how our services are used. They use this data solely on our behalf. They do not share it except in aggregate form; no data is shared as to any individual user.
We take reasonable steps to secure your personally identifiable information against unauthorized access or disclosure. We encrypt transmission of data on pages where you provide payment information. However, no security or encryption method can be guaranteed to protect information from hackers or human error.
Information we collect may be stored or processed on computers located in any country where we do business.
OUR REFUND POLICY
SBL will issue a refund of team registration fees only if written confirmation requesting your team’s withdrawal is submitted to email@example.com no less than 7 working days prior to the competition start date, a $30 cancellation fee applies. Excluding the aforementioned policy, team registration fees are strictly non-refundable unless a competition is not going ahead refunds will be provided back 4 weeks from original start date.
SBL will issue a refund of a team’s nomination fee ($100.00) only if written confirmation requesting your team’s withdrawal and upon the SBL nominated competition has not commenced within the selected time frame given from SBL Management.