SBL Terms & Conditions
Sydney Basketball League is committed to providing a premium competition for social and elite basketball. It is an expectation that all participants treat the venue, staff and opponents with respect at all times.
- All teams are required to pay their total team fee prior to the commencement of the season.
- Teams will NOT be able to take the court unless all team fees have been paid. (NO EXCEPTIONS)
- All teams must nominate a team captain to handle team registration payments.
- All teams are required to pay $1,600 team fees upfront prior to week 1 of their respective competition. No single game fees or split fees accepted.
- An early bird team fee of $1,500 is available to teams making their full team payment at least two (2) weeks prior to the commencement of the upcoming season.
- Any team with outstanding fees will be passed on to our debt collection agency and addressed to the captain.
- Under no circumstances can a player be unregistered whilst participating and must create an account/profile prior to taking the court for a SBL game. Teams to be found to play unregistered players will be given a direct forfeit loss including -3 competition points and risk being banned from Sydney Basketball League competitions.
- Each player is accountable for their own account/profile with correct information and contact details. Sydney Basketball League has the right to cancel or suspend any account/profile with written information and right of reply.
- We encourage teams to have a minimum of seven (7) players (injuries, absences) with a maximum of twelve (12) active players.
- Forfeits in SBL are unacceptable. Please refer to our rules and regulations section for more details on forfeits and penalties applied.
- Team withdrawals after draw has been published is unacceptable. Should a team withdraw after the draw has been published on our website, a withdrawal fee of $500 will need to be paid by the team.
- Teams requesting for changes in the draw after the draw has been published will incur a $250 fee.
OUR REFUND POLICY
Applications for refunds must be made in writing via email to SBL at firstname.lastname@example.org
SBL will issue a refund of team nomination fees only if written confirmation requesting your team’s withdrawal is submitted and approved by SBL no less than 7 working days prior to the competition start date, a $30 cancellation fee applies.
Excluding the aforementioned policy, team registration fees are strictly non-refundable unless a competition is not going ahead or has not commenced within the selected time frame advised by SBL.
If your team withdraws from a competition within 7 days prior to the start of the competition or at any time after the competition starts, your fees paid will be non-refundable. We will not offer credit into other competitions.
If a fixture is cancelled and rescheduled (eg special event, maintenance) a refund will not be offered.
We do not offer refunds for teams forfeiting against your team.
We make every effort to ensure competitions run as scheduled. However, SBL reserves the right to alter the competition schedule at any time before or during the competition. No refunds will be provided in these situations.
We reserve the right to cancel any competition if the required number of enrolments are not received. In these cases, we will provide a full refund.
If your team is removed due to non-compliance with SBL’s terms and conditions and/or SBL’s code of conduct, no refund will be offered.
GRADING OF TEAMS
SBL has the right to move a team up or down a division based on its standings in previous competitions and performance in the first 4 weeks of a competition.
Game times are published on the SBL website.
Note - game times may change throughout the season due to delays caused by special events, maintenance and weather. Competitions may be extended, resulting in a delay to the start of the next competition. We strongly advise that you check your game times on the day you are playing.
Due to the hours of operation at some of our venues, we have to schedule games as early as 6.30pm. We spread these games out as evenly as we can amongst all participating teams.
TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR THIS SITE
We may use technologies like cookies (small files stored on your browser), web beacons, or unique device identifiers to identify your computer or device so we can deliver a better experience.
Our systems also log information like your browser, operating system and IP address.
We also may collect personally identifiable information that you provide to us, such as your name, address, phone number or email address. With your permission, we may also access other personal information on your device, such as your phone book, calendar or messages, in order to provide services to you.
If authorised by you, we may also access your profile and other information from services like Facebook.
Our systems may associate this personal information with your activities in the course of providing service to you (such as pages you view or things you click on or search for). We do not knowingly contact or collect personal information from children under 13. If you believe we have inadvertently collected such information, please contact us so we can promptly obtain parental consent or remove the information.
You can sign into your account to see or delete any personally identifiable information we have stored, such as your name, address, email or phone number. You can also contact us by email to request to see or delete this information.
We may keep anonymous data indefinitely unless it is requested to be deleted from our systems. We may share personally identifiable information (such as name, address, email or phone) with trusted partners in order to provide you with relevant advertising, offers or services.
Analytics companies may access anonymous data (such as your IP address or device ID) to help us understand how our services are used. They use this data solely on our behalf. They do not share it except in aggregate form; no data is shared to any individual user.
We take reasonable steps to secure your personally identifiable information against unauthorised access or disclosure. We encrypt transmission of data on pages where you provide payment information. However, no security or encryption method can be guaranteed to protect information from hackers or human error.
Information we collect may be stored or processed on computers located in any country where we do business.
If you have any questions or concerns about our privacy policies, please contact us: email@example.com